2018 – 2019 STEM K – 6 Acceleration Grants
Deadline for Applications: March 23, 2018
To support schools that have an interest in accelerating, scaling or starting STEM, school-based activities, the IDOE intends to provide STEM support activities during the 2018-2019 school year. These grants will also be used for an important research effort to provide Indiana leaders with evidence of impact from STEM activities happening in classrooms across the state. In an effort to ensure a breadth of STEM practices for research purposes, a variety of awardees implementing various state and nationally recognized curriculum options will be selected as grant recipients.
STEM Acceleration program costs funded by this grant may include but are not limited to:
- Instructional materials, including shipping and handling of materials for STEM curriculum;
- Support for instruction (professional development and training);
- Stipends for teacher training.
School districts or charter schools may receive grant funding assistance for:
- the establishment of a new STEM program or curriculum in a school to use for grades K- 6;
- the scaling of existing successful state of nationally recognized STEM programs or curriculum in a school to use for grades K-6;
- corresponding professional development.
For details and the application, click here.