The I-STEM Resource Network has a vision that Indiana can be a national leader in student achievement and demonstratively improve college and career readiness in the STEM disciplines.
- Support STEM education through projects like the Indiana Science Initiative
- Support STEM teachers through professional development
- Advocate for statewide STEM education opportunities and policies that support higher STEM academic performance
I-STEM has five key policy goals:
- Set high expectations for student learning in math and science.
- Ensure effective STEM teachers in every classroom and out-of-school setting.
- Develop, advance, and evaluate effective STEM strategies and programs.
- Align learning and curricular resources to standards.
- Provide students with relevant, up-to-date information and mentoring on STEM careers.